Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The happenings at Evolve

Wow, does time fly when you're having fun! It's been a while since my last post, and lots of things are happening!

First, I was finally able to go visit my last finished project, a "Big Girl Room" for 2-year-old Ella, and eventually her little sister Lilly. I hadn't seen it completed with bedding, etc., and it was so fun to see all the little pieces-colors, textures, combinations of patterns, etc.-come together into a great result.

Also, two new projects are in the works. I am helping with the remodel/redecorating of a Passive Solar home (heat is generated within the house by a large greenhouse, so no need for HVAC) in Boulder, built in 1982. It has a lot of potential, and the owner has been waiting to update it's look for a long time, so it is very rewarding to help her move toward that goal. In addition, I am helping with the space planning, construction documentation, and interior specifications for a new home in Steamboat Springs. This is an amazing opportunity in that the owners are very interested in modern, streamlined design, as well as environmentally-conscious design practices. This is the kind of house that we as designers always dream about, but rarely meet the perfect client with whom to implement it. It has been a very exciting, creative process so far, and I cannot wait to see where the end product goes!

Thank you to friends and family for supporting my move to independent design; I am always looking for referrals!

No comments:

Post a Comment